Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

I've been reflective ushering in the new year....

My mood muted by the relationship woes of loved ones around me and i'm reminded once again by the fragility of the relationship between couples. It certainly is trying especially when one is trying to bring up young kids and tensions seem to pull in every direction. Although we often remind ourselves not to take each other for granted, sometimes, we (at least I) don't realise just how much effort and thought it may need, to actually do so.

I'm glad we've weathered our own storms in our nearly 2 decades together and hubby and I took this trip on our own. The time alone was great for re-connecting, being silly, and remembering what it was, the charm that pulled us together in the first place. I'm touched, blessed, and thankful for what i've got.

2009 for us would likely be an exciting and challenging one. My wish is for us to continue to take me and hubby steadfastly and happily on our journey together, and for us to bond even more as a family.

On this note of love, here's leaving you with a layout for a friend that i completed today...





Hope you've had a swell start to the year....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Louisa!
I agree-sometimes it is hard not to take our loved ones for granted. Looking forward to working with you at NBK in 2009:)

Jackie said...

Beautiful work...I just love it! Happy New Years:)

Blue Banana said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous!!

Happy 2009!