Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A noisy weekend ...

It was the Red Bull Air Race - a tantalizing display of aerial aerobatics in nifty colourful planes - happening right above us (literally) and out at the bay. It was 4 days (2 days of training and 2 of competition) of non-stop zooming above us, a couple of hours a day.

The men were of course all excited, and i togged my trusty lens down to the promenade to catch some shots... heh, won't bore you with them- just a few here. This plane in orange eventually won the race...








People literally camped out on the promenade fully prepared with beach umbrellas and even mobile BBQ pits ,


but these were my girls' reactions ....


But this wasn't the reaction during their performance first thing sunday morning -


their Mother's Day concert for just ME (they even co-opted papa to star in it) had been in rehearsals for weeks, with flashcards reading 'i love mommy' and self-composed songs ... i was very touched... ahhh... my girls :) AND the papa actually made pancakes for me that morning (er.. using pancake mix just add water kind - but still....). Can't ask for more :)


1 comment:

Genesis said...

Hey!! You lucky mummy! I had no such "benefit" :) Just cards made in school and church! I can see your red red eyes...you must have been very moved. PLEASE tell me the girls' concert was filmed??